[plug] Disabling middle-mouse-button paste

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Thu Feb 17 14:10:29 WST 2005

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 18:21, Craig Ringer wrote:
> I'm currently in the interesting position of needing to _disable_
> middle mouse button paste, as I have a user here who cannot seem to
> scroll without clicking and is getting terribly confused.

Throw away the Microsoft mouse (terribly prone to accidental
middle-clicks while scrolling, those things) and get them an AOpen
O-35, which has two scrool-wheels, only one of which clicks. They can
use one wheel for scrolling and treat the other as a button, or just
use the scroll-wheel without any Microsoft click-proneness. You can
also map the second wheel to be side-scrolling, if you want to see
_really_ confused. (-:

Cheers; Leon