[plug] OT microsoft

Nathan D natdan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 10:21:13 WST 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:05:55 +0800, Alex Polglaze
<apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au> wrote:
> Congratulations to MS!
>
> They have just announced that they need to replace 14,000,000 power cords
> on the X-box machines.
>
> They are so good, that can even put a virus in an inanimate piece of metal.
>
> Their abilities never cease to amaze me.

"An electrical component failure can cause the Xbox cord to overheat
and emit smoke. In 30 consoles worldwide, the problem has caused minor
injury or property damage. In 7 instances, users reported a burn to
their hands. In 23 instances, customers reported smoke damage or
damage to a carpet or entertainment center, Microsoft said in a
statement."

Wire too small in the power lead or poor connections?  I would like to
think that a fuse would be in the circuit somewhere??

FAQ - (should you be affected) -
http://replacements.webprogram.com/en-au/faqs.asp#Q-1

Do you only get a replacement if you are running the original MS OS? <grin>

regards,
 Nathan D.

natdan at gmail.com
1000 Mbs of email !!