[plug] Modprobe question

Chris Griffin griffinster at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 19:32:22 WST 2005

I have basically done what you suggest. This is what my
/etc/modprobe.conf looks like:

alias eth0 8139too
alias eth1 r8169
alias snd-card-0 snd-sb16
options snd-card-0 index=0
install snd-sb16 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-sb16 &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-sb16 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-sb16
alias usb-controller uhci-hcd
alias scsi_hostadapter advansys.ko

The last line was suggested by the driver when I compiled and
installed it, trouble is it did not mention anything about hoe to get
it to load at boot time, short of creating a device driver floppy and
doing a "linux dd" at install time.
It's looking like another re-install coming up.l