WRT54G(S) and DNS (was Re: [plug] Wireless Linux + A good linux book!)

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Wed Feb 23 13:50:47 WST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, quoth Quintin Lette:

> Further off the topic...
> has anyone managed to cram bind9 on one yet?

I tried, and failed.  Could not get it to compile and link against uClibc.
However I didn't try very hard - I thought I needed it for asterisk, but
in the end I managed to get asterisk to compile without it.

> I haven't seen any packages around for it.

I just looked on the tracker, and there are packages there
http://nthill.free.fr/openwrt/tracker/search/?query=bind

No idea how well they work

I hope you don't need the 5MB package...
That won't fit on a WRT54G and won't leave much room on a WRT54GS

 - Matt