[plug] Fwd: Linux User Conference in WA?

Evert van Dijk evert at silver-sword.net
Wed Feb 23 15:16:18 WST 2005

I like the concept and have had simillar ideas/hopes for these in the past
The main purpose I conceived was to promote Linux on both the desktop
and the server
but to different audiences.
The Desktop user would not care how to setup iptables, tarballs or apache
but they would greatly want to know how to use KDE or Gnome to achieve
what they now do in Windows
ie emails and office and web-browsing.
The Server user would want to learn how to achieve the goals that
Windows or Unix servers now do, ie iptables, RPMs or apt-gets,
apache etc.

count me in as a promoter and a participant

E.