[plug] Randianism (was: VoIP)

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Thu Feb 24 11:39:45 WST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 07:27, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 February 2005 23:36, Chris Caston wrote:
> > No offence but the only legitimate role of government is to protects
> > peoples individual rights including the right their property. The
> > free market will do a better job at promoting VoIP than the
> > government could ever do.
>
> I think it was LAX who tried completely private, contracted ambulances.
>
> On that occasion, the free market decided that it was OK to anaesthetise
> the prettier patients and rape them en route, and to inject air into
> patients with no medical insurance since they were worth more at the
> morgue like that than the ambulance crew was ever likely to be paid if
> they took them to hospital. And a few other atrocities which secretly
> installed cameras and mikes helped to reveal.

Who or what is LAX?

Operators that did this would be thrown in jail under lfc or at the very
least sued by relatives. It very much goes against peoples right by
using force against them.

The thing about people arguing against LFC is they will always bring up
the worst possible situation and something like: so what happens if you
were born in a poor family and you have no money and you fall down a
well?

Firstly is wasn't capitalism that made their family poor. Secondly
people would like volunteer to help get them out. Voluntary collectivism
is fine with LFC and a million times better than top down government
forced collectivism.

I believe open source is voluntary collectivism.

> Ayn Rand has a few good ideas, but taking everything she (or any other
> idealist) says at face value is not a career-enhancing move. The first
> thing that goes out the window with idealists is any recognition that
> we're dealing with actual people here, not cookie-cutter robots, and
> they're pretty much guaranteed to be short-sighted, greedy and just
> generally random enough to completely bugger up any "sensible" form of
> organisation.

LFC is no more achieve-able than Communism or Anarchism but it the the
direction we should follow. Many many questions come up such as who
funds the prison system under LFC. Well a completely objectivist society
would be composed entirely of rational people who wouldn't commit crime
in the first place. We all know that's never going to happen but it
shouldn't stop us trying.