[plug] Hello Everyone!!!

Shaun de Burgh sdeburgh at dodo.com.au
Thu Feb 24 22:04:08 WST 2005

Hello Everyone!!

My name is Shaun de Burgh, I am new to the PLUG world and would like to introduce myself. I am 21 years old, and have been using Linux and Unix for a little over 7 years. I began my Linux experience at a small ISP in Western Australia called Skynet Communications. I then moved on to building various ISP's such as Servcom Australia, Elink Media Limited and doing some contract work for Net Unlimited.

I have held a Senior Network Position at Amcom Telecommunication's and have also worked for iiNet Limited.

I am now involved in multiple open-source projects including some development work for debian-boot and Gnuworld. Alot of my Job involves Linux and I find myself working on Linux project's about 7 hours a day.

In all my study and experience I have never actually joined a local Usergroup and I figured now it is time to Join.

I would like to attend the workshop on Monday along with my partner Kimmi, who has just completed a Bachelor in Computer Science and is looking to enter the I.T. Industry and learn more about Linux.

We are very interested in seeing what kind of following the opensource community has in Perth.

Regards

Shaun de Burgh