[plug] Fwd: Linux User Conference in WA?

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sun Feb 27 11:53:20 WST 2005

Tim Bowden wrote:

> Does the current plug committee have any thoughts on this?  If there are
> enough bodies to put legs under it (???) will the committee be happy to
> see it run as plug event?

Well, I can't speak for all the committee but it seems like a pretty
good idea to me.  I'd be happy to see PLUG support it in whatever way
we can (which might not be very much, but we'll see)...

I have some reservations about selling it too much as a "PLUG
conference" though, as the group organising it would presumably be
distinct from although overlapping with PLUG, and I can imagine that
if this kind of conference takes off and becomes popular in other
states we might want to identify it more with the interstate
events than as something particular to PLUG.  Hmm.

Cameron