[plug] This is too good to pass up.

Rowan Sutherland perseng at arach.net.au
Sun Feb 27 18:42:46 WST 2005

>8<------------- snip ---------------->8
>> Then I went and searched google about the subject. All I could see
was
>> another forum, referencing the same link from techimage.net, only
>> there were some suggestions that the picture might be a fake.
>>

>Maybe it's a coincidence but Firefox 1.01 is now avialable with some
security updates.

>Regards Arie
> For the concert of life, nobody has a program.

A coincidence for sure I would say, I am running the older version of
Firefox, and MS AntiSpyware does not detect it as spyware. I have seen
no other mention of this occurrence anywhere else except another small
blog, where the guy put the picture up asking if it was real or not.

If Microsoft Anti-Spyware was detecting Firefox as Spyware, there would
be a lot more noise about it on the web for sure... Nothing is mentioned
on microsoft.com, nothing is mentioned at mozilla.org.

If somebody can offer any evidence that this occurs then please show me,
otherwise I think you've all been taken in hook, line and sinker by
believing misinformation without proof simply because it's something
that fits in with current beliefs.

Not having a go at anyone of course, I'm totally guilty of the same type
of thinking. My first thought was that this picture was totally real,
and it was exactly the kind of thing Microsoft would do.

I've got a collection of some pretty good photoshopped UFO photos (with
shadows and reflections and all), if anybody would like to have a look.

Cheers,

Rowan