[plug] mythtv

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Mon Feb 28 12:03:06 WST 2005

Carl Gherardi wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 01:13:01 +0800, Jim Householder
><nofixed at westnet.com.au> wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>Is anyone having success with mythtv?  When I try to do anything with it
>>  I get
>>
>>418:/usr/local:$ mythtv
>>Unable to connect to database!
>>Driver error was [1/1045]:
>>QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
>>Database error was:
>>Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost' (Using password: YES)
>>
>>couldn't open db
>>419:/usr/local:$
>>

>Looks like mysql is either not set up or not running. Have you gone
>through the steps to create the database and set a password for mysql
>user mythtv?

Also. If you're using MySQL 4.1 (maybe 4.0 as well) the password code
has changed so for older applications to work you need to manually
insert the password into the database with old_password() (IIRC or
password_old)

Tim

--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net