[plug] GNOME help please

Michael Hunt michael at aussie.oddsocks.net
Wed Jan 5 09:52:23 WST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 00:54 +0800, Michael Hunt wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 00:17 +0800, Jim Householder wrote:
>
> > Sorry, it does not appear to be the case this time.  I suspect a
> > configuration item somewhere has turned side panes off.  I'm still
> > looking...
> >
> > Jim
>
> I think what you have run into is the change to spatial browsing that
> occurred with Nautilus when Gnome went 2.6. You can find out more about
> it at :-

<arrr crap>

My post was meant to say :

I think what you have run into is the change to spatial browsing that
occurred with Nautilus when Gnome went 2.6. You can find out more about
it at :-

http://www.bytebot.net/geekdocs/spatial-nautilus.html

Some like it, some don't. The above shows how you can change it back to
Gnome 2.4 behaviour. [0]

Hope this helps.

Michael Hunt

[0] I could be way off as to your problem, but from what you have said
in you previous posts, this seems to me to be the most likely answer