[plug] Need to learn basic scripting

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 09:37:09 WST 2005

When I plug in at work I need to run these commands one after the
other from the shell:
ifconfig eth1 down
ifconfig eth1 up
ip route add default via 172.24.192.5 metric 0
smbmount //ptcpms01/data /home/user/Kdrive/ -o
username=XXXXXX%XXXXXXX,fmask=644,dmask=755,uid=1000,gid=100,debug=0,workgroup=XXXXXXXX
smbmount //wafile02/data /home/user/Idrive/ -o
username=XXXXX%XXXXXXX,fmask=644,dmask=755,uid=1000,gid=100,debug=0,workgroup=XXXXXXXXX

I'd like to run a script (like a batch file in windows) to help
automate this and make it a bit quicker to log in.
I'll be manually running it so it doesn't need to happen at boot or
anything like that, but the real problem is that I have no idea where
to start.
I've been told that making a script is a simple easy thing to to do..
can someone point me to a good "learn how to write scripts in linux
for dummies" type web site?

--
Ubuntu Warty 4.10