[plug] new topic pub files

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Sun Jan 9 09:35:51 WST 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 10:54:48PM +0800, harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au wrote:
> I think Leon B told me

Note, sorry -- you're going to have to go to two characters to ensure
uniqueness there  (it wasn't me, it was the one-armed Leon B  :)

> that koffice will open/edit pdf so if you head down the .pub to .pdf
> conversion route, make sure koffice will do this first off methinks.

I don't think you'll have much luck getting a Publisher file into OO
without first exporting it from Publisher into another format.  Given
that this wuold require Publisher, it's not really going to solve the
original problem.

For the record, most people suggest saving from Publisher in Word or RTF
format and then importing that.  It won't give you all the layout, but
should give you the basic text, simple formatting, etc.

--
 Leon Blackwell                | There are only two kinds of
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | programming languages: those people