[plug] mandrake-linux

Brock Woolf ultima160 at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 12 21:25:02 WST 2005

On 12/01/2005, at 9:08 PM, WolfBite wrote:

> hi mary,
>    The BEST mandrakes versions as far as i'm concerned
> was most befor 10/10.1.

In some ways I would agree, but 10.0 has many improvements over the old
version of Mandrake
I must say I did like version 9, though it is still old now.

> But if you would like to try it, check the newsagents
> for LINUX FORMAT 60 (current) comes with Mandrake 10.1
> and EASY instructions to follow (in mag :)

Again, having already gone through a compete install of 10.1 and using
it for a week only to find
that it couldn't do the job, and doing a complete rehaul of my server
back to 10.0 I could not reccomend
highly enough that you do not use 10.1. It is an unstable release. Even
though according to Mandrake's release
format it is supposed to be stable.

If you have the bandwidth and time, here are the WAIX mirrors to
download the Mandrake 10.0 Official ISO's
Any cd burning program can easily burn the CD images to CDs just incase
you don't know what an ISO is =)

Main Page:
http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/Mandrakelinux/official/iso/10.0/
i586/
Mandrake 10.0 Official ISO #1:
	http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/Mandrakelinux/official/iso/10.0/
i586/Mandrakelinux10.0-Official-Download-CD1.i586.iso
Mandrake 10.0 Official ISO
#2:		http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/Mandrakelinux/official/iso/
10.0/i586/Mandrakelinux10.0-Official-Download-CD2.i586.iso
Mandrake 10.0 Official ISO
#3:		http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/Mandrakelinux/official/iso/
10.0/i586/Mandrakelinux10.0-Official-Download-CD3.i586.iso

Hope it helps!
- Brock