[plug] mandrake-linux

rpowersau at gmail.com rpowersau at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 21:52:02 WST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:39:59 +0800, Michael Collard
<quadfour at iinet.net.au> wrote:
<snip>
> little cause the system can easily be changed. I run a custom x86_64
> 10.1 system with no trouble since I've ironed out most of the problems.
> Simply though, 10.1 with updates is just as good if not better than
> 10.0.

With all due respect, isn't that the point being made? This is a
newbie. You don't want to have to "iron out most of the problems" just
to be as good as 10.0. Why not avoid the problems and use 10.0?

I've never used Mandrake so I don't know which is better but you both
seem to be saying that 10.0 is better straight out of the box. Which
is what a newbie will be working with.

Or have I missed the point of this thread?

> Cheers
> Michael Collard

Regards,
Russ