[plug] mandrake-linux

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Wed Jan 12 22:38:11 WST 2005

8<---------snip the garbage (all of it)--------->8

Firstly I would like to send an apology to Mary.

She has approached P.L.U.G. as a newbie and asked for help !!!

I think she is getting more confused by the crud appearing this list, than she was when she first
asked for help.

Let's cut out the bickering about who said what, and why and how.

Let's help Mary become a Linux User, before she turns away from Linux.

We as a user group should do more to foster our beloved OS, and help newcomers.

I am still learning myself, other wise I would offer to help Mary, I'll even consider a drive into
the country to do it - but I would end up installaing Redhat 7.3 - because that's what I have got
installed and running successfully.

I don't care if all the "smart arse" Linux guru's" want to ambush me - I just want to see Mary get
to install and use Linux - so she can enjoy the benefits and learn how great Linux really is.

Come on guys - wake up - Linux needs you !!!!

I would like to ask the more capable members of P.L.U.G. to consider putting together a "Learner's
Installation Guide for Linux" - but I mean one that works - based on proven stable distros - with
proven and reliable procedures. This way we can "maybe" help newbies like Mary and others, promote
Linux - and hopefully make P.L.U.G. look like a group of efficient, talented and open minded people
instead of a squabbling bunch of Galahs from out of the back paddock.

I feel better now - can we do something to help Mary now ??

Regards Arie