[plug] (Parrallel Topic) Which BSD?

Adrian Woodley Adrian at Diskworld.com.au
Thu Jan 13 17:44:27 WST 2005

G'Day Pluggers,
       I've decided that I want to give a BSD a spin, with the aim of
running two office gateway servers on it. This is partly a desire to get
away from Debian Sid (beautiful system, but not really what I want to
run on a World Routable box) and partly an interest in using other unicies.
       Does anyone have any suggestions about which BSD(s) to try? So
far I've managed to summarise them thusly:-

* NetBSD - tight IP stack. Designed primarily as a network services
platform.
* OpenBSD - focus on security and encryption.
* FreeBSD - has a devil as a mascot. :)

Cheers,
Adrian