[plug] turning off automount mandrake 10.1 official

Michael Collard quadfour at iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 14 06:48:59 WST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 04:47 +0800, Mark Saxon wrote:
> Chris Caston wrote:

> >>I think you will find this is a KDE thing. Gnome has a option to
> >>automount CDs that operates without supermount etc. I would assume that
> >>KDE would have a similar feature.
> >>
> >>Regards
> >>Michael Collard
> >>

> >Does MDK use discover? if so I'd suggest checking /etc/discover.conf
> >

> No it does not but it does have some entries in files called
> udev.conf and /devfs/conf.d/dvd.conf but I don't think they
> are the culprit either.
> Maybe it is a feature but just behaving like a bug.
>
> Possibly just a buggy release as others have commented.

Well I am running 10.1 and can't replicate this problem with gnome
(literally don't have KDE installed). You will find that there is a
process watching the devices, polling for new media. To find it, stick
in a new disc, and as its mount, use fuser to find the process.

I'm happy to help you find the cause of this. If you want you can do a
'ps axef' and send me the output. If you do, please also
append /etc/fstab.

Regards
Michael Collard