[plug] OpenOffice.org in a pre-press environment.

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Sun Jan 16 10:02:21 WST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 12:32, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Thursday 13 January 2005 13:33, Onno Benschop wrote:
> > So, I've just spent the past five hours trying to get an ad in the
> > paper. The ad was made by me in OpenOffice.org Draw and was exported
> > as a "Press Optimized" PDF.
>
> Print-to-file through CUPS or the like. You may also be able to tweak
> colourspaces there. I presume that the ad actually *is* colour?

It's actually B&W, but my logo was originally a GIF. OpenOffice displays
it as GreyScale, because that is what I asked it to do.

The printer also complains that the text boxes are RGB, even though
they're black, and even selecting CMYK/Black made no difference.

I really don't know what else to do, but I will look into your printing
to file suggestion.

Thanks,

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°32'27" - E146°24'35" (Leeton, NSW)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..