[plug] mysql query

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Mon Jan 17 03:47:31 WST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 03:21, Jim Householder wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to get mythtv 0.16 running on a single machine (192.168.1.13), but have the problem that it cannot connect to it's database.
>
> The error is
> #HY000Host '192.168.1.13' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
>
> How do I
> a) tell the server the ip address is ok, or
> b) tell mythtv to use localhost instead?

A google for:	"mythtv database server howto"

Gave me:	http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html

Which says:
        Because MythTV now uses a database to store all configuration
        variables, part of the bootstrap of MythTV is to indicate the
        location of the MySQL database server. If the frontend, backend
        and MySQL database server are all going to be running on the
        same box, you can continue to the next step. If not, you'll need
        to edit the /usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt or
        ~/.mythtv/mysql.txt file and change the first line to the IP
        address of the database server. Customizing ~/.mythtv/mysql.txt
        is preferred, since changes to /usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt
        will be lost the next time you upgrade. All other configuration
        is within the MythTV GUI screens.

Hope that helps...

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°32'27" - E146°24'35" (Leeton, NSW)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..