[plug] Random speed tip of the year for Mandrake users

J Michael Gilks mike.gilks at westnet.com.au
Tue Jan 18 15:13:34 WST 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:23 am, Leon Brooks wrote:
> Pull the latest kernel from Cooker (2.6.10), it gives you an instant
> speed improvement over either the 2.6.8.1-10 which ships with 10.1 or
> the 2.6.8.1-12 which is the latest official update. This link (18MB)
> appears to be WAIX at the moment:

For the less adventurous among us, an upgrade to 2.6.8.1-12 and the
appropriate ati driver will give you glx working properly.
I have been trying for some time to get glx up and running.
I wondered why all the traffic on forums had stopped, maybe they upgraded.
Anywayy I can now play tuxracer at home, whoich means I will be in big trouble
when the missus finds out. Will have tosave up for a graphics card for her I
guess.
Hope this helps any other battlers out there.

Love
Mike.