[plug] formatting new external usb hardrive

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Fri Jan 21 12:04:57 WST 2005

I just cant agree here.

For a start, if it isnt using the journal, then infact its just ext2 ;)

So I suspect your bad experience was with ext2.

But I've just had no trouble at all. Granted I suspect XFS is probably the
most solid of the lot, I'm not entirely convinced of reisers stability,
I've seen it do some straaange things sometimes, but I've never had any
such problem with ext3.

--
"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do
it, that's trustworthiness."