[plug] updating glibc on old RH6

bwarff bwarff at obsidian.com.au
Fri Jan 21 15:33:23 WST 2005

glibc is the core library that pretty much everything else links/builds from.

changing it tends to lead to a world of pain (tm), so id suggest that if he needs
the new software, he needs a newer distro.

it is perhaps possible to build the newer program (and its dependancies) in a non
distro location like /usr/local or /opt ... but thats only if your comfortable with
build from source and playing environment games.