[plug] ssh root logind

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Jan 27 13:01:17 WST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 11:04 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> I have root logins disabled in sshd_config (PermitRootLogin no) on a
> gateway, but it would make life easier if I could make it interface
> dependent - is there a way of doing this?

Sure. Run two sshd processes, one that listens on the external
interface, one on the internal, and aim them at different config files.

The -f argument to sshd lets you provide an alternate config path, and
the ListenAddress directive in the confile file lets you restrict what
IPs/interfaces sshd binds to.

--
Craig Ringer