[plug] Newbie Guide - The beginning

harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Fri Jan 28 23:02:51 WST 2005

It's all true Marcus.

I hold back tears of frustration listening to Russ Pitman tell me how he's
worked through an issue with an Exim4 upgrade from Exim3 and settled on
Postfix for his workstation. How can these 82 year old whippersnippers have
so much youthful enthusiasm and desire to figure things out ?

I do get cross when he spends all Tuesday volunteering his time alongside
me and all he wants to do is tell me how good LibraNet is. It's debian based
so it's gotta be too hard to install because that's a given since forever.

Fortunately, I'm 44 going on 18 so I think I've got enough wisdom to
counter his exuberence with plausible and well considered prejudices.

Then I rest my case on his foot for extra advantage. It's hard to argue
with a case on your foot.

Thanks for your contribution Russ. We will finish the upgrade to sarge,
honest. As soon as I can get those selfish, elitist geeks to come along
every Saturday for the past several months to figure out the bits that I
can't. Sometimes I really have to shake my head at the attitude of some
people.

Harry

--
Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/