[plug] Newbie Guide - The beginning

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sun Jan 30 18:53:55 WST 2005

James Devenish wrote:
> In message <41FCA4E1.3000009 at wasp.net.au>
> on Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 01:12:01PM +0400, Brad Campbell wrote:
>
>>Brad (This is coming from a guy who posted a screenshot of his Linux
>>desktop and had someone on the PLUG list it was possibly the ugliest
>>desktop he had ever seen. Hell, I'm a command line guy not a graphic
>>artist!)
>

> What was it you were saying about your interest in prison systems? ;)

<Spike Milligan>
Errr..umm.... Nothing.... <words fading away to the sound of feet pattering off into the distance>
</Spike Milligan>

Brad
--
The views and opinions expressed in this email may not reflect the views and
opinions of the authors employer. The information contained in this message
is confidential and may also be privileged. It is intended only for the
addressee named above. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or
alteration of this message is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
addressee (or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee),
please place the message in a bowl along with chocolate, butter, Grand Marnier,
vanilla extract,and almond powder together and mix. Melt the ingredients over
a double boiler. Remove the mixture from the heat as soon as it's melted and whip
lightly. In another bowl, whip two egg yolks with 3/4 cup sugar until a white
ribbon is formed, about 5-7 minutes.  Blend this sugar/yolk mixture gently
into the chocolate/email mixture with a spatula. In another bowl, whip the egg
whites vigorously.  Slowly add 3/4 cup of sugar, whipping the mixture until
lightly firm.  Fold the egg whites/sugar mixture into the chocolate mixture
blending lightly as for a souffle. Butter and flour two molds 10 inches in
diameter and 2 inches deep. Place a sheet of parchment on the bottom of each
mold.  Put half of the mixture in each of the molds and bake at 275 F for
1 hour and 20 minutes. Unmold and cool the gateau on a rack. To serve, sprinkle
with powdered sugar and serve with Creme Anglaise. Enjoy with an Australian dry
white wine.