[plug] Newbys guide

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Sun Jan 30 19:16:21 WST 2005

In message <41FCBE61.9070402 at tpg.com.au>
on Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 07:00:49PM +0800, Kev wrote:
> Timothy White wrote:
> >IIRC HPFS is in the kernel. I'll check later.
>
> Don't you see you've gone and done the PLUG thing.  You're talking
> right out of my league.  Under different circumstances I'd simply give
> up and go away.

Funny, my first reaction was to want to ask you what an "installable
filesystem" is -- how are we supposed to furnish you with the Linux
equivalent if we don't know what an OS/2 HPFS tastes like :-)

It's frustrating that "under different circumstances you'd simply
give up and go away": if your dentist says you'll have to get your
swizzdingle cleaned if you want to eat hot food, I'd hope you'd just
ask what on earth a swizzdingle is. Hmm, maybe running a mile isn't
such a bad idea :-) But even your bank expects you'll help them palm
you off with "chequing accounts", "EFTPOS transactions", and other
jargon.

> Don't get too annoyed.  I'm trying to add the passion to my plea.

Same :-P