[plug] Re: Installation discussion list, Jan 2005

bob bob at fots.org.au
Sun Jan 30 21:25:18 WST 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 06:35 pm, James Devenish wrote:
<snipage>
> > and had hoped that it would be read as "some committee person",
>
> In reality, this sort of volunteer group doesn't function that way.

Funnily enough this is exactly how the successful volunteer organisations I
have had the pleasure in belonging to are run.

<snip>

> My impression is that if you  already have some experience doing this,
> then you have to "show the rest of us how it's done".

I had hoped that this thread was the beginnings of that style of thing.
However from what you've been telling me PLUG is not prepared to have that
big a cultural shakeup. Change can't be imposed it has to be accepted by an
organisation for it to be successful.

I get the impression that all this thread is doing now is annoying list
members. Perhaps it is time to drop it.

--
17. ...and if we just swap these two disc controllers like _this_...

	--Top 100 things you don't want the sysadmin to say