[plug] Wierd apt message

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Mon Jan 31 14:09:38 WST 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 12:32:54PM +0800, Shayne O'Neill wrote:

> I'm having all sorts of wierdness with apt-get atm.
>
> I havent been able to apt-get anything, so I figured I'd do the apt-get
> update routine, and this consistantly fails out with this;-
>
> E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object
> E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object
> E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object
> E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object
> E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object
> (etc)
>
> Any idea whats going on here? I'm miffed and its an utter show stopper of
> a bug.

I've never seen this, but one thing to try would be to either remove
/var/lib/apt/lists/* (leaving the lock file and partial/ directory) or
rename /var/lib/apt/lists and mkdir /var/lib/apt/lists so you can
restore lists if things get worse here, then try apt-get update again.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
A man is like a rusty wheel on a rusty cart,
He sings his song as he rattles along and then he falls apart.
		-- Richard Thompson