Live CDs (was: Re: [plug] Dazed and Confused - Need Help ?)

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jan 31 14:40:12 WST 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 01:34:22PM +0800, harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au wrote:
[...]
> An evaluation and HDD installation WITHOUT REBOOT.
[...]
> Praps Nick or someone can speak up with details as a possible option for
> the novice distro.

No, it's not an option for that (today). It's working, but not being
worked on; it's an installer and a demonstration of the technique, not
a live CD distro in its own right. Now that the creation of live CDs
has become so scriptable and routine, it might be a neat trick to add
to one of the others, though.

(It uses LVM - it mirrors itself onto the HDD while it's running. You'd
need another trick or two, like online-resizable filesystems to make
best use of it.

I can't get to the webpage right now:
http://debix.alioth.debian.org/
)

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal