[plug] wow.. hell got a bit cooler today...

simon simon at plumtek.com
Fri Jul 1 15:52:27 WST 2005

Shayne O'Neill (shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au) wrote:
> started on computer literacy. And oh boy, start em early and they'll leave
> you in there dust by the time they hit 15.

She can already login, start the browser or the CD-ROM game of her choice
(after inserting the CD ofcourse) and shut it all down when she's done. Oh,
and ofcourse she knows how to fire up her silly movies as required. When she
was using Lisa's Mac, she knew that she had to change users and how to do it.

She loves playing Buggy Boy (altho she calls it 'the car game') on my C-128.
If its idling on the blue screen, she enjoys simply typing her name into it :)

I was spewing I missed out on a c64 cartridge on ebay which is basically a
fancy looking, symbol driven version of logo. I was going to introduce her to
the concepts of programming with it. Ill have to keep my eyes out for another
one :)

The thing that impresses me most about kids and computers is the complete lack
of fear. My mum used to run a course in Albany on computers for oldies, and
you just cant instill the same level of 'it doesnt matter, you cant break it'
in adults no matter how hard you try.....

--
Simon Scott
simon at plumtek.com
mob: 0409113359