[plug] Need help getting into publisher files.

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 12:02:50 WST 2005

> > Depending on the version of Publisher, from memory, later versions can
> > export to HTML.
> >
> > If that is correct, perhaps, exporting to HTML, then editing the created
> > HTMl files with whatever application the user chooses, could be a
> > solution.
> >

> I only have access to Pub2000 on my Windoze98 PC and find that:
> You can save the page as html (badly composed, non-W3C compliant), plain
> txt, rtf, many formats of doc, ps, and plus a few other proprietary
> formats.

The format it uses for HTML will usually be an image in parts in a
table. If there is part of the page that hasn't got images and text
together you maybe lucky in that it may give you the text as plain
text. If there are pictures and text, then your out of lucky, usually
it's just an image (text included in the image) with absolute sized
tables and cells.

As has been said. Show them the advantage of a non-propriety image format....
On that thought. How open is the Scribus format? How many other
programs can read it or do you have to export it from scribus to
another format?

Tim