[plug] International student w/ DDoS and social engineering history

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Jul 4 13:41:26 WST 2005

Shayne O'Neill wrote:

>Oh you know I'm joking fella. I'm a bloody greeny for heck sake. I dont
>*DO* violence :)

It was somewhat difficult to tell, to be honest. There are folks out
there who "solve" things by violence, after all, and sometimes it can be
surprising who they are. Crackers bring out the worst in sysadmins, too.

That said, the number of times I've joked "OK, where's the axe, I need
to pay Telstra a visit" when the DSL goes down during an important time
or talked about "fixing" the macs at work - with a hammer - is would be
difficult to count...

--
Craig Ringer