[plug] International student w/ DDoS and social engineering history

Bob Linus bob0linus at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 20:48:56 WST 2005

When the guy was shelling out $60 for a remote server in the US, which
he said was through a paypal and a fake physical ID, 200GB throughput
/ month running full tilt for DDoSes (user names "evil" and "chaos")
-- I don't know.   I felt sorry for the guy since he had only 2
classes before finishing uni, which I made clear to him.  So long as
he cleaned up.

He's a practiced social engineer and a pretty good liar.   I don't
know if I gave him enough to think about by describing his activity
and one of the spybot viruses in detail back to him.  Pretty cocky to
store it on our ADSL account.

*sigh*  I hope he cleans up, and I fear how he will be taken in the
workplace in Perth/Freo since IT guys don't seem as common for a city
like this.  I don't see him as an administrator that would treat
sensitive information as sensitive.

I still have logs, but not sure how much is required, desired, or
bothered with to deal with a guy like this, esp. as a non-Aussie
citizen.   The curious thing is that he's involved with a ring of
other Turkish DDoS individuals.   I'm not sure how many locals he has
met that also participate in the same activity.