[plug] International student w/ DDoS and social engineering history

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Jul 5 12:59:51 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 12:41, Alex Polglaze wrote:

> > i'd like to change that analogy a bit. What if you live in a society
> > that is happy to let you put coins into the vending machines and buy
> > candy but makes the prices of buying and setting up your own vending
> > machine so high that it is completely out of reach?
> >
> > It could be 20,000 or it could be 100,000 it makes no difference if you
> > can't get that behind you.
>
> You just try harder. If it was easy everyone would do. It just soviety's way of
> rewarding effort.

I guess you are right but it seems the minimum investment amount for
anything is a Everest sized mountain compared my own means.

I'd like to see the LVR for commercial property at 80% or higher!

There's money in infrastructure, there's money in manufacturing, there's
money in resources, there's money in property and there's money in
money.

There's no money in sales and services unless you have infrastructure.

You have to build infrastructure (cashflow quadrants building a pipeline
instead of hauling buckets) but building infrastructure is very
expensive and you need to eat while you are doing that.

> A fact of life is that most people give up and then envy those who have
> succedded. Everybody comes into this world with the same opportunity. Take Bill
> Wylie as an example, he was born in a tiny, tiny town like Tone River or
> something like that, that very few people have even heard of, let alone been
> there. He made it. Dick Smith is a nother example, Sir Richard Branson, Anita
> Roddick. How many examples do you want, of people who have stated with nothing,
> absolutely nothing and built vast empires and at the same time are good
> corporate citizens and good citizens in general.

Yeah I plan to be up there with them one day. Most of them did something
that you wouldn't be able to do today so the trick is finding the next
big thing.