[plug] Multiple WAN IP's routed down DSL line

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Wed Jul 6 12:13:44 WST 2005

On Wednesday 06 July 2005 11:43, Shannon Carver wrote:
> Thanks for your quick reply guys, I have since removed the extra
> But can't connect to any of these services from outside on these
> IP's.

Could be firewalling. You'd need to allow traffic to those addresses if
it's currently disallowed.

> Am I wrong in assuming, that the route is not setup correctly
> on my ISP's side as yet?  They did say it would be complete by this
> morning, but would not put it past them to have a delay on this
> process.

Do a traceroute from outside and see where it goes.

Do something like this in a couple of shells (replace $ETHX with your
external interface and $ETHY with your internal) on your gateway and
then try hitting xxx.xxx.66.105 from outside:

    tcpdump -i $ETHX host xxx.xxx.66.105

    tcpdump -i $ETHY host 192.168.0.9

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia