[plug] vim wars- revisited

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Fri Jul 8 15:02:44 WST 2005

Hi all,

Early last month I floated the idea of settling the vim-emacs wars with
a session at darkzone- what used to be zone 3 for those who used to know
it.  We originally intended to set a date for the end of June (now
gone...) but if everyone is still interested we can set a date for the
first week in August.  (Random pick- Thursday Evening 4th August.  Any
complaints?)

The following people expressed interest.

Team 1: Vim Rules
1. Tim Bowden
2. Michael Collard
3. Chris Caston
4. Matt Lambie
5. Tim White
6. Quintin Lette

Team 2: Emacs
1. Cameron Patrick
2. Russell Steicke

Team 3: Nano rocks
1. Daniel Pearson
2. Kev Downs
3. Daniel Axtens
4. Philip (bishop.frog)
5. Shayne O'Neill
6. Andrew Fury
7. Craig Foster
8. Adam Davin

So far you can put your name down without any firm commitment (for now).
We can have up to three teams of ten each.  If you are interested, put
you name down on one of the lists.  We still have space for another 14
(mostly on the emacs team.  Is emacs falling out of favour?).

Details: We can do a two hour evening lockout (ie, only pluggers in the
arena) for about $25 - $30 each which should also pay for beer and pizza
afterwards...

The Venue: Darkzone Northbridge: www.darkzone-wa.com.au

The rules: If you play, and are on the winning team, you can claim your
favourite editor is the best without having to justify your claim. If
you loose, you have to acknowledge the superiority of the winning team's
editor whenever you recommend your own choice for the next 12 months.

If the wim wars work, maybe we can do a distro wars with paintball.

Tim Bowden