[plug] Prettify text reports

Carl Gherardi carl.gherardi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 20:05:16 WST 2005

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at formalizing a couple of utility scripts I use for debug
into something "pretty" to use in justifications to management.

I resigned to adding an option to the script to print in some other
form, but was curious about minimal markup tools that I could use.

TeX and html feel like a lot more work than necessary - I'm thinking
of outputting something like wiki syntax, and just pasting that in a
wiki page and generating a printable page from that.

What are peoples preferred options for pretty printing raw text? I'm
looking for multiple header levels, a simple toc, simple tables with
basic colouring and possibly some header branding in future.

Thanks

Carl G