[plug] Calculator that uses commas , for thousands seperation

Adam Davin byteme-its at westnet.com.au
Tue Jul 12 10:12:43 WST 2005

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:53:11 +0800
Chris Caston <caston at arach.net.au> wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 22:50, Richard Meyer wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 22:45 +0800, Chris Caston wrote:

<snip>

An interesting point (for some maybe). My son brought home a newsletter
from school the other day regarding number formats.

I can't find the newsletter at the moment and have tried googling for
some verifiable information but can't find anything at the moment.

Anyway it was along the lines of Australia will be adopting the
numerical formats supported by the EU. This, from memory, involves
replacing the humble '.' decimal separator with a ',' and I think spaces
in between each "set" of thousand. Or something of that nature. Can't
remember the time frame, I think it was something like 10 years.

There was also something about date separators changing from '/' to
something else..

Others please feel free to jump in and correct any mistakes or
oversights, coffee hasn't kicked in yet..

Have a good day!

Regards,

--

Adam Davin