[plug] Calculator that uses commas , for thousands seperation

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Wed Jul 13 00:50:08 WST 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 00:20 +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:

> Suffice to say, let's hope we don't degenerate into a babel of confusion
> as this unfolds.  I mean, it's bad enough the Americans writing their
> dates half-backwards (against all other convention) and crashing probes
> into Mars because they can't tell the difference between metric
> (international) and imperial (American) measurement units! ;-)

The American dates are the most mixed up, confused things I've ever seen
- agreed. Along with the fact that THEIR Imperial Units are different
from the British Imperial units.

We now know why the American probe crashed - have we found out why the
European one did likewise?   ;-)

BTW - this set of posts is in danger of attracting the attention of the
Off-Topic police, so I suppose we better stop. :-)

Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.
                -- Johnny Hart