[plug] Crap.. Sorry Leon.. :-/

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Thu Jul 14 12:03:46 WST 2005

On Thursday 14 July 2005 11:06, Senectus . wrote:
> I had no idea that one little innocuous link in the middle of the
> comments section of a slashdot article would cause that much pain..

'S'all right, it's easing off now. The lights stop blinking for, oh, ten
or fifteen seconds at a time occasionally.

My "External Out" traffic through ArachNet did this:

Time        Megabytes
~~~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~~
Wed at 12:00      1
Wed at 13:00      1
Wed at 14:00      0
Wed at 15:00      0
Wed at 16:00      2
Wed at 17:00      0
Wed at 18:00      1
Wed at 19:00     72    <--- welcome to SlashDot! *BLAM*
Wed at 20:00     30    <--- router croaks partway through hour (stops
Wed at 21:00      0         forwarding traffic)
Wed at 22:00      0
Wed at 23:00     87    <--- Leon looks up from fiddling with internal
Thu at 00:00     51         sites, resets router
Thu at 01:00     59
Thu at 02:00     50
Thu at 03:00     50
Thu at 04:00     34