[plug] Shock - Horror ---- Gentoo founder goes to M$?!

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 15 06:28:35 WST 2005

old news, its is there on the front page, but it happened some weeks
back and is well down the page.  Some low key (considering the topic)
discussion about it on the lists, mostly good wishes to Daniel.
Consensus seems to be that a guy has to eat (he is under some debt from
his time at gentoo), and the position was seen as more of a public
relations and liason with open source function.  Daniel is held in high
regard by most people.

Also a couple of mentions here:
http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/20050620-newsletter.xml

BillK

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 23:55 +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:
> http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=40&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
> says the following ...
>
> > Daniel Robbins, founder and former Chief Architect of the popular
> > source-based Gentoo distribution, has taken up a new position at
> > Microsoft.
>
> As well as a little bit more - I don't see anything on the Gentoo site
> about it.
>
> Anyone know anything else?

Home!