[plug] Linux on Laptops

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 15:45:24 WST 2005

On 7/15/05, simon <simon at plumtek.com> wrote:
> Mark B (mark at tophits.com.au) wrote:
> > to those apple critics, try it and atleast learn something about it, then
> > make your opinion, you will find that you can do everything you can do under
> > linux.
>
> Are there actually any Apple critics here?
>
> OS X is awesome. But it (mostly) aint opensource, and so you're really just
> putting your nads in someone other than Microsoft's vice.

Yes, right here, although this is going mightily off topic :-P
I haven't touched "Tiger" yet, but if it's anything like OSX 10.4+
then I don't really want anything more to do with it other than what I
currently have to do.
I love the hardware, I don't mind the underlying OS even.. but the GUI
is the worse damn thing I've ever had the misfortune to use.
If I never have to use an Apple GUI again I'll be a happier man.  (not
likely though, as I currently have to support 3 G4 power books on a
2003 domain.)

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
"Luminocity is a cracktastic technology testbed for Metacity." - From