[plug] PLUG library/burner/demo machine - passing around the begging bowl

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Fri Jul 15 18:39:52 WST 2005

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 10:34:50AM +0000, simon wrote:
> harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au wrote:
> > Are you planning to give naming rights to the highest donor ?
> Thatd be dangerous. Someone with a sense of humour could donate $100 and call
> the box 'linuxsucks'.

The only dangerous thing about it would be what it says about PLUG's
sense of humour if the PLUG members refuse to name it linuxsucks.

What's in a name?  A Linux by any other name is still a Linux, even
one called "linuxsucks".  (Apologies to a certain early 17th century
poet and playwright, whose name escapes me at the moment.)

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
Some parts of the past must be preserved, and some of the future prevented
at all costs.