[plug] where to find python C headers

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 16 20:35:43 WST 2005

You can use rpm to take in a source tarball and build a mandrake binary
rpm from it to install.  If you fail elsewhere, you may be able to build
your own python by copying the recipe from existing python source rpm's?
Took a bit of reading, but it isnt that hard to make and build your own
custom rpms.

Of course, since gentoo replaced my last mandrake system a couple of
years ago at least, I have only built a few redhat 7.0 rpms for a legacy
system, and even that was now well over a year ago.  At least with
gentoo such dramas are long gone (to be replaced by others, but thats a
different story ...)

You might be better off upgrading the lot lot as it sounds like you are
going to be in for a long running headache.  Go with the source Luke.

BillK

Home!