[plug] An OO question -- better answer

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Sun Jul 17 09:37:59 WST 2005

On Friday 15 July 2005 16:33, W.Kenworthy wrote:
> I created a single slide with the lines, then just copied it to every
> second slide position.  Only took a few minutes (~89 slides), but
> next time I'll macro it.  Not as neat as, or as low an overhead
> solution as PPT uses, but its works.

Meh! You're all too used to only being able to do stuff in one hardwired
way. Waaaake uuuuuup! <slap> (-:

View => Workspace => Handout

Drag the pictures to where you want them to be on every page.

Click the text (T) icon on the toolbox, drag a suitable lined area,
release.

Click in the lined are, hit Tab.

Format => Paragraph => Tabs. Delete All. Choose a size to match the
ruler (in my case 9.2cm), an alignment (I chose Right) and dotting.
New. Close that.

Select all (Ctrl-A), Copy, right-arrow, pastety-paste-paste until the
lined area is the correct size.

Make sure "Handouts" are check/on in File => Print, Options. Print.

Done.

If you prefer, you can arrange the slides left-right-left. You can have
as many slides as you like on every page, plus decorations. There are
many other possibilities.

PowerPoint sucks. Impress Roolz<*>. Remember that. (-:

Cheers; Leon

* except, AFAICT, for the matter of video clips; expect that to
  be thoroughly cured sometime in v2.
http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia