[plug] Cisco VPN

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 15:21:06 WST 2005

Hi. I'm working on a VPN that is connecting via Cisco VPN dialer on a
windows XP machine. If I try (using what appear to be the right
settings taken from the WinXP machine) with vpnc I get an error.
vpnc: quick mode response rejected: INVALID_PAYLOAD_TYPE
check pfs setting
I have tried all settings of pfs and still get this.

Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know how to get it (under windows or linux) to not
flood the connection with random data, I know that this is supposed to
be more secure, flooding while idle, but when on slow connections, or
pay by the byte it is really a pain.

Thanks

Tim