[plug] help on july 25

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 15:29:22 WST 2005

> i am setting up a web server on a p111 650 using fedora core 3 and would like to chat to someone about getting the permissions right

What kind of permissions? Unix file system permissions or Apache?

I might be there, but if you tell us on the list I/we might be able to
help you from the comfort of our computers ;)

If you have ACL's compiled in then it's a breeze to do Windows style
permissions. Otherwise it's basically, owner, group, and world.
Controlling, Execute, Read, Write.
My guess is you'd want the world to read most of the files under the
web root, webdevelopers to have access to modify files, and the owner
to be the webserver.

Tim