[plug] How do you change the "indentity" of your OS?

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Sat Jul 23 10:33:42 WST 2005

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 08:23 am, Muskie Teh Otterboi wrote:
> Onno Benschop wrote:
> > Senectus . wrote:
> >> I want to go see the rather amusing "BIG AD" that is on the web at the
> >> moment (http://www.bigad.com.au/).. but when I go there I get :
> >> Unfortunately, the Operating System you are currently using is
> >> unsupported.
> >> (yes nasty complaint e-mail coming)
> >> How do I get FireFox to tell the web it's "some other OS" ?
> >
> > You change its User Agent with User Agent Switcher :)
>
> Worked for me. but i'm using firefox on windows, so..

Doesn't work for me using Firefox 1.0.4 on Debian Stable. With IE and Netscape
settings, I get a 'Javascript Application' dialog box that says "The Vividas
Player has not finshed loading" - actually it hasn't started :-) Opera
setting goes into 100% cpu usage, and I have to kill Firefox :-)

Steve

--
Steve Boak, P.O. Box 240, Nannup, WA 6275
Nannup Telecentre IT support, ph (08) 9756 3022