[plug] How do you change the "indentity" of your OS?

Craig Foster craig at fostware.net
Sat Jul 23 10:48:56 WST 2005

<snip>

I've had issues where Java thinks it hasn't been set up for IE properly,
and thus crashes Firefox anytime you go to a java site... It'll also
change what code Java uses, so you'll get an exception if there's any IE
specific hooks.

In the interest of keeping my extentions list a little smaller,
ConfigurationMania also has a similar option.

FWIW It didn't work for my FF 1.0.6, JRE 1.5.0_4, WinXP or Centos
machines

CraigF.